Welcome To Our Kitchen

I say our kitchen because the recipes, stories and ideas here belong to many, not just me. All my life, it seems that my family has always congregated in the kitchen. Good smells, good food, good company. It seems they are all found in the kitchen.

Friday, December 4, 2009

Calling All Chocolate Lovers

This is my favorite dessert to take to a potluck. It also makes a great gift when baked in mini loaf pans. I was originally given this recipe by my vet's wife when I was first married.

Chocoholic Cake
1/3 cup oil
1 pkg. devil's food cake mix (the type without pudding)
1 small package instant chocolate pudding
8 oz. sour cream
1/2 cup water
4 eggs
12 oz. chocolate chips.
Blend first 6 ingredients well. Add chips and bake in a greased bundt pan coated with unsweetened cocoa powder (instead of flour). Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
If baking in mini loaf pans, bake for 20 -25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment